What we offer
The Literacy Council of Niagara West (LCNW) offers adult learners the opportunity to work towards achieving their goals of employment, apprenticeship, secondary school credits, post-secondary education or independence by first improving their literacy and numeracy skills.
At the Literacy Council of Niagara West, we offer you:
- one-on-one and small group sessions - you pick the method that is most comfortable for you!
- in-person and on-line learning modules are both available
- Tutoring for Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening, and Math Skills.
- Upgrading to help you reach your goals of employment, apprenticeship, secondary school credits, post-secondary education or independence.
- Computer Assisted, Online Learning & Software Training: State-of-the-art, networked computers, qualified facilitators, accessible and relevant computer software to improve your skills.
- Literacy Assessments available both at the office locations and at a location convenient for you - our portable technology brings the assessment to you!
- Information on other learning and employment opportunities in Niagara
West and throughout the Region
Our Volunteer Tutors are essential to the success of our programs. If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer Tutor, please contact us. We provide the training and support to get you started - you provide the time and dedication to make a difference to adult learners in Niagara West.